* My Software
* My Projects
* My Collections
* Computer Info
* Misc Info/Other
"Multi-Interface Media-player with Integrated Components"
Mimic is a multi-interface, multi-component application. Included components:
- Media and CD Player
- FM Tuner
- Clock with timers
- Calculator with unit conversions
- Web Browser
- Web Radio
- Screensaver (independent SCR file)
Using "skin" technology the program can mimick the look of
other similar applications. Mimic contains one of the most powerful and flexible
skin engines of any application, while still being easy to use and taking up very
little hard drive space (compared to other applications' skins).
Mimic is FREEWARE.
|As a Media and CD Player...|
Note: The screen-shots above are from the "DELUXE" skin set, which is available separately!
Not sure which of my software is best for you? Try
HERE for a comparison chart. If you want to know how Mimic evolved from
my other software and how media files are played in Windows click
- Powerful skins with buttons of any size and placement
(only two bitmap files required! Can be GIF or JPG to save space)
- Multi Non-Rectangular regions for main form
- Transparent Bitmap Region support
- Skin Browser
- Graphical Digits and Text
- Right-click menu for access to most function even if not specifically
included in the current skin
- Tray icon
- Keyboard control
- Tooltips for all buttons and text
Media and CD Player:
- Selectable CD/Media mode using same skin.
- Able to play almost any format including:
- MPEG Audio: MP2, MP3, MPA
- MS Audio: WMA, ASF
- Wave Audio: WAV, SND, AU
- MIDI: MID, RMI, KAR
- Video: AVI, MOV, QT, DAT (mpeg)
- And more....
- Visual Playlist Selector (great for CD compilations)
- Album cover features
- Include bitmap files (BMP, GIF, JPG) in playlist
- Intelligent conversion of filenames in playlist
- MP3 IDTag display/editor with Album Cover
- Volume Control
- Continuous Playback (adjustable song overlap)
- Direct selection of song via keyboard
- Quick-search/play window
- Karaoke Lyrics playback [NEW]
- CDDB and CDPLAYER.INI Track Name Retrieval [NEW]
- Supports Packard-Bell and RadioTrack ISA tuner cards
- Unlimited Presets
- Allows descriptive station names
- Displays Station Logo bitmap
- Direct access to station or preset via keyboard
- Current Time (12 or 24 hour mode)
- Date with Day of Week
- 10 independent Timers with Lap function
- Basic Calculator functions
- Unit Conversions, with loadable definitions
- For quick notes
- Load, Save, Print
- Clock with Animations
- Looking for ideas to improve screensaver...
- Uses Microsoft Internet Explorer Engine
- 10 Quick URL buttons
Web Radio: (NEW!)
- Compatible with Microsoft MediaPlayer streams
- 10 Quick Station Preset buttons
I am no longer actively developing Mimic due to other commitments.
It is possible I may resume work at a later date. If you wish to use the
FM Radio capabilities of Mimic you may use the free registration code
found on the FMTuner page.
To make use of the program you will require the following:
- Microsoft Windows 95, 98, or NT4 or higher
- Microsoft Media Player 6.1 (or higher, 6.4 recommended) - See Links below
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 4 (or higher, 5 recommended)
- Optional: Packard-Bell or Aims Labs FM Radio Tuner Card (ISA card slot only!)
|mimic110.zip ||2.2M||1.10||Jan 10/2000
||Mimic, complete release. Now using VB6|
Note: This release includes only a single player skin. I suggest you download
the DELUXE skin set, which includes skins for
all components! For WebRadio the
DELUXE WEBRADIO skin.
|mimic103b3.zip ||310K||1.03B3||Dec 17/99
||Mimic BETA exe with SJGPlay 0.60beta (VB6 version) and new skins...
If you want to use the lyrics features of V1.10 download this for SJGPlay.
Mimic skins are available archived with a screenshot on the
skins download page.
Mimic supports Winamp skins... Here are some sources:
With a little work, skins designed for most other "skinable" players, clocks, calculators
and notepad programs can be adapted to work with Mimic!
Made an original skin? Why not submit it so everyone can see your creation?!
If it's good enough maybe it will become the new default Mimic skin...
If you have any questions, bug reports, or suggestions you can e-mail me at
Updated: Oct 1/2009 4:00pm EST